In today’s video, I’m going to introduce you to my favorite way to explain markets, price action and where the market might be headed, plus cover a few technicals with you. We will talk with three finance experts within our Modern Family to find out more. Please sit back and relax while I take you through it step by step.
Granny Retail will tell us how consumers are dealing with inflation and how many goods and services consumers are purchasing.
Grandpa Russell oversees small capitalization stocks. Grandpa is the strongest, he’s still bullish, and he’s holding his 50-day moving average.
What smart investments can you make in today’s economy? We use the Modern Family as a risk gauge and financial compass, as do many hedge fund managers, such as legendary fund manager, Stanley Druckenmiller.
The transportation sector has been one of the biggest drivers of the commerce in recent years. With earnings growth slowing and valuations at above average levels, some investors are wondering which sector can continue to lead and if transports can continue growing. The new lows look a little murky.
There are many important factors to consider when trying to predict where the market might be headed. And while there are a variety of ways to make investment decisions, my favorite way is through price action.
To watch the video, click here.
It’s important to remember that no one knows for sure where the market will go. The best we can do is make an educated guesses based on the price action we have available in front of us.
To learn more about how to invest in profitable sectors of the Modern Family, reach out via chat, phone, email, or book a call with our Chief Strategy Consultant, Rob Quinn, by clicking here.
Follow Mish on Twitter @marketminute for stock picks and more. Follow Mish on Instagram (mishschneider) for daily morning videos. To see updated media clips, click here.
Mish appeared as a guest on the Wednesday, August 31 edition of StockCharts TV’s The Final Bar with David Keller, where she encourages viewers to focus on the 50-day moving average for transports $IYT, retail $XRT and small caps $IWM.
Check out Mish’s latest article for CMC Markets, titled “Patience is a Virtue Amid Market Angst“.
In this appearance with Caroline Hyde on Bloomberg TV, Mish covers rates, the dollar, commodities and key market sectors.
- S&P 500 (SPY): Confirmed phase change to bearish-390 next support.
- Russell 2000 (IWM): Held the 50-DMA by a thread and, if continues to do so, could see some buying.
- Dow (DIA): Confirmed phase change to bearish; 315 6-month calendar range high.
- Nasdaq (QQQ): Confirmed phase change to bearish; 296.75 6-month calendar range high.
- KRE (Regional Banks): 62.00 the 50-DMA.
- SMH (Semiconductors): Confirmed bear phase; 215 pivotal.
- IYT (Transportation): 228 the 50-DMA.
- IBB (Biotechnology): Confirmed bear phase. 125 resistance 117 next support.
- XRT (Retail): Unconfirmed bear phase; will confirm if cannot clear back over 64.50.
Director of Trading Research and Education