In a year full of twists and turns in the stock market, will we have a Santa Claus rally? Our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank, is here now with that answer.
1. Before a losing streak last week, overall Traders have enjoyed a very solid stretch for stock returns after the U.S. midterms. So is it time for the Santa rally?
2. Historically December is a fairly good month for stocks. But with all the choppy back and forth action that started this month off, what are the chances stocks end the year just range bound?
3. There’s been a lot of downbeat remarks coming from “Wall Street Leaders” that inflation and recession concerns will push stocks lower in 2023. Is that what you see for the first half of the New Year?
4. What would have to happen for the market to stabilize next year?
5. What do you see as a threat to stocks in the first half?
6. There seems to be an interesting development though. Across the last month, stock market returns have been strongly positive for ETFs holding solely ex U.S. stocks. What’s up with that?
7. Is this the case with global stock markets also?
Our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank on the markets with a bit of a look ahead to the New Year. Here’s wishing you the best of the holiday season whatever you celebrate. With John, I’m Terry Ruffolo.
7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days
Just released: Experts distill 7 elite stocks from the current list of 220 Zacks Rank #1 Strong Buys. They deem these tickers “Most Likely for Early Price Pops.”
Since 1988, the full list has beaten the market more than 2X over with an average gain of +24.8% per year. So be sure to give these hand-picked 7 your immediate attention.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.
Image and article originally from www.nasdaq.com. Read the original article here.