U.S. stocks closed lower on Monday with the Nasdaq Composite dropping around 65 points amid a decline in NVIDIA Corporation NVDA and Meta Platforms, Inc. META shares.
Let’s have a look at the major economic events scheduled for today.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago President Charles Evans is set to speak at 6:15 a.m. ET.
- Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell will speak at 7:30 a.m. ET.
- Data on durable goods orders for August will be released at 8:30 a.m. ET. Analysts expect durable goods orders declining 0.4% in August following a 0.1% drop in July.
- The S&P Corelogic Case-Shiller home price index for July is scheduled for release at 9:00 a.m. ET. Analysts expect the adjusted 20-city monthly rise at 0.3% in July compared to a 0.4% gain in June.
- The FHFA’s house price index for July will be released at 9:00 a.m. ET. After recording only a 0.1% monthly gain in June, the FHFA’s house price index in July is likely to come in flat at no change.
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis President James Bullard is set to speak at 9:55 a.m. ET.
- The Conference Board’s consumer confidence index for September is scheduled for release at 10:00 a.m. ET. Consumer confidence, which rose around 6 points to 103.2 in August, is expected to rise slightly to 104.3 in September.
- Data on new home sales for August will be released at 10:00 a.m. ET. New home sales, which fell to an annualized rate of 511,000 in July, are expected to come in at a 498,000 rate for August.
- The Richmond Fed’s manufacturing index for September is scheduled for release at 10:00 a.m. ET. The index is expected to improve slightly to minus 4 in September versus August’s minus 8.
- The Treasury is set to auction 5-year notes at 1:00 p.m. ET.
- Data on money supply for August will be released at 1:00 p.m. ET.
- Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco President Mary Daly will speak at 8:55 p.m. ET.
Market Volatility Increases Amid Another Drop On Wall Street
Check out our premarket coverage here
Image and article originally from www.benzinga.com. Read the original article here.