Singapore FinTech Festival (SFF) is to return as an in-person event from 2 to 4 November 2022; the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) has confirmed.
Organised by MAS and its not-for-profit entity Elevandi, in partnership with Constellar and in collaboration with The Association of Banks in Singapore, SFF 2022 will be held at the Singapore EXPO.
SFF will follow a series of industry events, and of course, the annual Innovation Lab Crawl, which is due to be held on 31 October and 1 November.
With the global economy experiencing a surge in inflation and facing risks of a significant slowdown in growth, many fintech firms are striving to stay resilient and viable, hence why this year’s theme will fall under ‘Building Resilient Business Models amid Volatility and Change’.
Key stakeholders comprising government leaders, regulators, financial services leaders, entrepreneurs, investors and technology leaders will take stock of the drivers of change and examine three key questions:
- Viable: How are organisations building and redefining business models that can be more resilient to volatile market conditions?
- Responsible: How are organisations balancing corporate responsibility and profitability in order to achieve greater stakeholder satisfaction and engagement?
- Inclusive: How are organisations designing inclusive business models that cater to the needs of the unbanked and underbanked?
The conference set-up
The conference segment of SFF 2022 will engage attendees with a series of forums and sessions:
- Global plenary sessions will focus on leaders and organisations addressing the core construct of resilient business models.
- Knowledge plenary sessions will feature breakout sessions on Web3 and payments; environmental, social and governance (ESG); banking for businesses; insurance and pensions; international growth markets and fintech regulation.
- Elevandi Insights Forum will consist of small, deep-dive roundtables which bring the public and private sectors together to address challenges faced by the financial sector and identify actionable outcomes.
The exhibition set-up
There’s nothing like a face-to-face conversation, which is why SFF 2022 will see the return of a physical exhibition featuring over 500 fintechs, financial institutions, technology firms and policymakers, who together will showcase their latest innovations and developments in the fintech space.
The exhibition will include free-to-access ecosystem stages, which will feature exhibitors’ product announcements and product showcases; a specially curated ESG impact zone; country and sector deep-dives in the World FinTech Festival; and finalists’ showcases from the MAS Global FinTech Hackcelerator and Polyfintech100 API Hackathon.
Other SFF highlights
Debuting at SFF is Elevandi’s influencer programme, Global Founders Network, which identifies the founders building sustainable and eco-friendly businesses. The global founders will be chosen through a nomination process, honoured at the SFF and share their 10-minute insights at the Founders’ Peak.
“SFF 2022 will focus on bringing best-in-class experts to share industry insights to build business models that remain viable and resilient amid the crisis,” comments Sopnendu Mohanty, chief fintech officer at MAS and chairman of Elevandi board.
“The format this year has been enhanced to add numerous intimate and interactive sessions, to foster deeper discussion between the public and private sector stakeholders.”
Mohanty explains how the return of an in-person SFF will “energise all stakeholders in the fintech community to stay strong and purposeful despite the strong headwinds ahead of us.”
Adding to this, Jean-François Quentin, group CEO of Constellar, said: “With live events back in full capacity, the return of SFF in-person will enable personalised and immersive event experiences to catalyse new innovations, strengthen networks and build impactful partnerships.”
Image and article originally from thefintechtimes.com. Read the original article here.