U.S. stocks closed lower on Wednesday, with the Dow Jones dropping 100 points. Here is the list of some big stocks recording gains in the previous session.
- Amprius Technologies, Inc. AMPX jumped 77.3% to settle at $11.01 on Wednesday after the company announced it was awarded a $50 million cost-sharing grant from the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Manufacturing and Energy Supply Chains.
- Microvast Holdings, Inc. MVST jumped 40.3% to settle at $2.23 after the company was awarded a DOE contract.
- Biohaven Ltd. BHVN rose 18.3% to settle at $12.40. Biohaven filed for offering of 20 million common shares.
- Momentive Global Inc. MNTV climbed 16.2% to close at $7.54 following a Bloomberg report suggesting the company is considering a sale after receiving takeover interest.
- Zymeworks Inc. ZYME gained 15.9% to close at $6.50 after the company and Jazz Pharmaceuticals announced an exclusive license agreement to develop and commercialize zanidatamab.
- NACCO Industries, Inc. NC surged 14.2% to close at $59.66.
- Netflix, Inc. NFLX rose 13.1% to close at $272.38 after the company reported better-than-expected Q3 results and reported global streaming paid net additions of 2.41 million. Global streaming paid memberships grew 4.5% year over year.
- Piedmont Lithium Inc. PLL surged 12.2% to settle at $58.37 after the company was selected for a $141.7 million grant from the US Department of Energy.
- Intuitive Surgical, Inc. ISRG shares gained 9% to close at $211.14 as the company reported better-than-expected third-quarter adjusted EPS and sales results.
- SES AI Corporation SES gained 8.2% to close at $6.24.
- ProPetro Holding Corp. PUMP surged 8.1% to settle at $10.63.
- RPC, Inc. RES gained 7.2% to close at $8.74.
- Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. IBKR rose 6.9% to close at $76.09 following upbeat Q3 earnings.
- ASML Holding N.V. ASML rose 6.3% to close at $424.02 after reporting upbeat quarterly sales.
- United Airlines Holdings, Inc. UAL rose 5% to close at $39.10 after the company reported better-than-expected Q3 results.
Image and article originally from www.benzinga.com. Read the original article here.