A five-year-old Australian boy survived after being bitten and dragged into a swimming pool by a python.
What Happened: A three-meter-long python struck from nearby vegetation as the boy was playing by the edge of a pool in Byron Bay in New South Wales, his father Ben Blake told Nine radio on Friday, reported Agence France-Presse.
“I believe the python was sort of sitting there waiting for a victim to come along — a bird or something — and Beau was it,” father Blake said
“Aw, look, it’s where we live. It is Australia,” he added.
The boy was rescued by his 76-year-old grandfather, who jumped into the pool and lifted the boy out — with the snake still holding on to him — as the python coiled itself around the boy’s leg.
The boy’s father prised the snake loose and tried to calm the situation after that. “I’m not a little lad, I had him released within 15-20 seconds.”
Calling the boy “an absolute trooper,” his father said he is recovering well.
“Once we cleaned up the blood and told him he wasn’t going to die because it wasn’t a poisonous snake, he’s actually pretty good,” Blake said.
Although pythons are non-venomous, the father is treating the bite to prevent it from becoming infectious.
He said after rescuing the child, “The naughty thing” went straight back into “the scene of the crime” – the vegetation.
Image and article originally from www.benzinga.com. Read the original article here.